Monday, August 6, 2007

To blog or not to blog - that is the question...

I have seen the younger generation take to this media like a fish to water and I had to ask myself why? But as I have seen, it is a viable way to keep family and friends informed about things in our everyday humdrum lives that might otherwise go unnoticed.

I've been using computers since my senior year in high school, when we had to use a rotary dial telephone to connect to a mainframe computer, and then once connected we then had to place the transceiver handset onto the modem thus finally connecting our remote "dumb" terminal to a mainframe computer system located god knows where. We then had to log on and type formal syntax script to answer complex math problems that we had already solved through long math using a pen and paper. I remember thinking to myself back then that these computers are just another fad, here today gone tomorrow, and at least my pet rock still served a purpose, it was a great paperweight! I guess now that I think about it some of my first computers made good paperweights too, if you could overlook their bulkiness.

I hope to update whenever something of note happens, to include some snapshots and a quick note explaining the whole thing. I hope you all enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Jenifer Sellon said...

YEAH!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! You'll see, it's a lot of fun. I am soooo glad you have one now, too - I will check back often. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet but very glad to see all the family members who have. I feel more connected whenever I read about whats going on with everyone. I LOVE the photo of Aunt Carol!! I'm sure she'd kill you if she knew you'd posted it. Just a note - the blog name does seem a bit kinky!

Roaming with Romin said...

Oh, you said BLOG! I thought the Spandex & Chaps sight was like all the other links that you've been sending. I was a little disapointed at first but the photo of Aunt Carol with the cake reminds me of Mom. Sisters . . . And is just me or does David look a little bit like Uncle Frank? WOW. Lets hope David's stay is a safe one. Godspeed.

The Motts said...

How exciting to see everyone doing this!! Hopefully this will help close the distance gap...even though you two aren't THAT far away...it still seems like forever in between visits. This is definitely fun!!!